In order to use Halocline smoothly, we recommend a powerful graphics card.
If you don't have a VR computer available, you can upgrade your current PC with a powerful external graphics card (eGPUs).
When using eGPUs, some technical requirements should be checked in advance to ensure smooth operation.
In order for your computer to be used in conjunction with an eGPU, the following technical requirements should be met:
- An appropriately powerful Intel processor (at best, current i7 CPU),
- at least one Thunderbolt 3 port (or newer) and
- at least 16 GB of working memory.
In addition, the following points should be checked and observed before use:
- If a hard disk encryption is been used, a change to the group policies must be made or the graphics card should be connected only after the computer has been started. Otherwise, entering the recovery key is required for each change.
- Administration permissions may be required to install the NVIDIA graphics card driver.
- When using the integrated notebook display, the performance decreases when using the eGPU. The image calculation is first transferred to the eGPU via the Thunderbolt cable and then back to the notebook. This halves the data rate of the transfer. This restriction does not apply when exclusively using an external monitor or projector.
If you have any questions, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.