If your VR system has not yet been set up on your computer, there are a few setup steps to complete first. After that, you can start in Halocline.
Installing the Oculus app
To set up your Oculus headset, you first need to download the Oculus app to your computer.
Here's how to download and install the Oculus app on your computer:
Go to Quest setup and select the appropriate download for your hardware. Then click on the blue "Download Software" button.
Open the Oculus App and click on "install now".
Follow the on-screen instructions to create a META account and set up your META VR headset.
After that, you can start Halocline and start your planning in VR.
A link cable is required to use the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2 and META Quest 3. If your PC / laptop and WIFI meets the requirements for Air Link, the connection is also possible wirelessly.
Oculus & META setup guide
Access Getting Started and follow the setup guide to set up your VR hardware.
Tips for setup
Error messages during installation:
- Download again and reinstall
Pre-create Meta account:
- Ensure that a Meta account is created before installation
Default browser in Windows:
- Check if a default browser is set in Windows
- Set a default browser if needed to avoid popup issues
Connect LinkCable and check settings:
- Connect the LinkCable.
- Activate not only Quest Link but also check if AirLink needs to be disabled
Consider startup order:
- Always start the Oculus app first
- Activate QuestLink before starting Halocline in VR
Headset sleep mode:
- Adjust the sleep mode time to prevent unintended shutdowns
- Press the button on the headset to reactivate VR mode after putting it off
- Set the FPS settings to 90 or 120 FPS