Your VR headset is not recognized by SteamVR or Mixed Reality? You can't open Halocline and get the following error message:
In this article, we will show you how to troubleshoot between the VIVE or Oculus and SteamVR or HP Reverb and Mixed Reality by enabling "OpenXR Runtime".
For a smooth experience in Halocline, make sure you are using VR hardware that is compatible with Halocline. An overview of supported VR hardware can be found here: Which VR Hardware is supported?
VIVE, Oculus and SteamVR | OpenXR Runtime activation
Furthermore, since the Halocline 2021.2 release, it is important that you have your SteamVR version running on at least version 1.17.12. If not, please update SteamVR. You can find instructions here: Update SteamVR
If your HTC Vive headset is not recognized despite the SteamVR update, we recommend activating "Open XR Runtime" in SteamVR. This requires that you have admin rights on the computer. If you do not have admin rights, please contact your IT department.
To activate "Open XR Runtime" on SteamVR and the VIVE or Oculus, please follow these steps:
- Connect your VR headset to the computer
- Wait until SteamVR recognizes your VR headset and marks it as active.
- Please open the settings of SteamVR.
- At the bottom left you will see "Advanced Settings".
- Please set the toggle to "Show".
- Now the tab "Developer" is visible.
- Click on "Set SteamVR as OpenXR Runtime".
- Launch Halocline Assembly and open an object.
- SteamVR should now recognize Halocline Assembly.
If your VIVE or Oculus headset is still not recognized, please contact email@example.com.
HP Reverb G2 and Mixed Reality Portal | Activation of OpenXR Runtime
For the HP Reverb G2 to work smoothly, please consider the following points:
- Connect the HP Reverb G2 and make sure it has been set up via the Windows Mixed Reality Portal. You can find instructions on how to do this here.
- On the HP Reverb G2, make sure the HP tutorial has been fully completed, otherwise it will block communication to Halocline.
- If the HP Reverb G2 shows you the "Cliffhouse" as the starting area in VR, the HP Reverb G2 is now ready for use.
- The Mixed Reality Portal must be set as OpenXR Runtime. If not, see the instructions below for activation.
- Only when the HP Reverb G2 is running and the "Cliffhouse" is displayed, Halocline Layout & Performance or Halocline can be started.
The HP Reverb G2 must not be in sleep mode during this process.
To activate "Open XR Runtime" in the Mixed Reality Portal and on the HP Reverb G2, please proceed as follows:
- Open the Mixed Reality Portal
- If Open XR is not enabled, you will get the following "notice" when launching the portal: Windows Mixed Reality is not set up to run OpenXR apps. Some apps may not run properly.
- Click the "Fix" button to set Mixed Reality Portal as OpenXR Runtime.
- Open XR Runtime is now enabled.
- Start Halocline now.
If your HP Reverb G2 headset is still not recognized, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.