Using the performance graph feature in SteamVR, the frame rate (frames per second) is analyzed live while using the VR headsets. Based on this analysis, you can determine whether you are in the optimal range, which prevents a jerky image in VR.
The performance analysis of the VR device in SteamVR is possible in Halocline Layout & Performance as well as inHalocline Assembly.
To analyze the frame rate (FPS), follow these steps:
- Open SteamVR on your computer
- Click on the version name (here in the example: SteamVR 1.9.16) on the top left of the window
- Select the option "Show Performance Graph" ("Leistungshraph anzeigen")
- The live analysis starts and can be viewed in the SteamVR window in the lower area. You can recognize the display by the green highlighted area.
Explanation and notes about the live display:
- Our target value is 90 FPS = 11.1 ms.
- This means that the graph remains green or in the optimal range until this number is exceeded.
- Exceeding 90 FPS should be avoided to prevent a jerky image in VR. Otherwise, this disturbs the smooth work in VR.