Existing layout data can be used, regardless of the source (2D CAD, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, etc.) as a template to create the virtual factory in Halocline Layout. Currently supported formats are .jpg and .png.
Halocline Layout supports the import of .jpg. and .png files with a maximum resolution of 16384x16384 pixels.
Create 2D template
- Select the shopfloor via the dropdown menu or create a new shopfloor via the "+".
- Click on the three dots next to the shopfloor name and select Create 2D template.
- In the following window you will see the shopfloor (and all objects in it) from the top view.
- Under File select the file that contains the 2D layout (Note: Currently we support .jpg and .png formats).
Tip: To create a screenshot using Microsoft Windows board tools, please see here: Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots
- The layout is now placed in the center of the shopfloor.
Scaling the layout
To fit the layout to the real dimensions of the hall, you need to set the size of the layout.
- Choose a dimension on the layout whose length you know (e.g. a pallet, a piece of equipment or similar).
Tip: For this you can use the camera icon in the lower right corner of the screen to move and zoom the camera as you like.
- Select Place on the left side and click on two points whose distance you know.
- Then enter the real distance of the two points on the left side under Length. The layout will be scaled accordingly. The length dimension is to be specified here in meters.
- Use the arrows in the middle of the layout template, the rotation arrow at the bottom, and the Position and Rotation sections on the left side of the screen to move your layout to the right place.
- With a click on OK you create the template and can now use it in Halocline Layout.