To edit elements already placed in the scene, they must always be selected first. Depending on the mode, only one single or several elements can be selected at the same time. Using the menu, you can apply actions to the selected elements.
- Point with the pointer to an object in the scene and press the trigger.
- Click elements again to remove them from the selection.
- Double-click into the empty space to deselect the selection.
- Multiple selection is suitable for editing several objects at the same time and for creating groups. The indicator at the end of the pointer shows whether you are in multiple or single selection. In the case of multiple selection, this indicator is filled with each selected object. The fill indicator allows you to check whether you have selected elements outside your field of view
You can also use the Adjust tool to perform a volume selection to select many elements at once.
- The current selection can be grouped using the touchpad.
- Grouped elements get a new bounding box.
Select elements in groups
- Activate single selection to select a single box in a group.
- First select a group and then click on a single box in the group to select it.
- Dissolves the upper selected group.
- Subgroups remain when the upper group is dissolved.
- Tip: To connect parts, select "Connect" instead of "Group" in the menu.
- If a single box within a group is selected, you can use the touchpad to navigate through the group hierarchy.
- The next higher subgroup is selected with each click.
- Once you have reached the topmost group, the next step is to select the bottommost box again